Knees are an important part of the body. However, we often neglect it and do not take much effort to keep it healthy. And this results in the knees getting injured.
Since knees are one of the important joints of the human body, they need special care. Most of your day-to-day activities are dependent on your knees. Be it your daily chores, or sports and other activities, you need them for everything.
Maintaining good knee health means taking care of them, minimizing the injury, and making sure that they are well supported during activities or while recovering from an injury.
A very effective way to achieve this is by supporting the joint with a hinged knee brace. It is one of the best and simple techniques to ensure the protection of your knees. In this article, you shall get a fair idea about the best-hinged knee brace. We shall also review the top 5 knee braces for you here.
Our Top 2 Choices for Best-Hinged Knee Brace
Our #1 Choice
Our Runners Up
Who should buy a hinged knee brace?
Anyone can suffer from knee damage. Some of the most common reasons are Medial collateral ligament, Anterior Cruciate ligament, or Lateral Collateral Ligament.
But with the right knee support, the recovery can be faster and easier.
A hinged knee brace can be used by anyone who wants to support the knee during various activities. It will be useful for those suffering arthritis, post-surgical period, injury due to sports, etc.
The correct knee brace will provide ample support to the joint and restrict the movement. They are scientifically designed to reduce pressure on the joint and help to re-align the knee.
How knee brace can benefit you
- A knee brace supports the joint by relieving pressure on the muscles. This is especially useful if you suffer from arthritis.
- It limits your knee movement, due to which the joints heal faster.
- A good knee brace can help you in keeping the leg muscles and ligaments in good condition.
- If you have swelling from an injury, a knee brace can help to reduce the swelling too.
- A hinged knee brace can also protect and prevent MCL and LCL ligament injuries
Top 5 Best Hinged Knee Brace
1. Shock Doctor Support Compression Hinged Knee Brace
This hinged knee brace from Doctor Shock is one of the most advanced products. It features bilateral hinges for maximum knee support. You can use this knee brace and confidently undertake all your daily activities.
- PREVENTS AND PROTECTS - Helps prevent and heal medial and lateral instability, minor patella instability, meniscus injuries, minor ligament sprains,...
- MOISTURE AND ODOR PREVENTION - Antimicrobial and airflow vented tech to reduce odor, bacteria, and moisture, so you can stay comfortable through the...
For best fit and comfort the knee brace is made with premium latex-free material. Thus you can have all-day protection for your knees. It is the perfect brace for all those suffering from joint instability, ligament sprains, Medial Collateral Ligament, LCL, ACL, and arthritis pains too.
It comes with power-packed features to give maximum comfort and protection to your knees. Let us see the features of this product below:
Fits both the left and right knee
- The Shock Doctor Ultra Knee support features bilateral hinges for providing the much-needed stability to the knee. It also consists of hyperextension stops and impact-absorbing pads. This protects your knee from any unwanted external impacts and improves the fortification.
- The unique X-strap system helps the knee brace to be securely fastened around the natural contour of the leg. The strap also covers the hinges. This gives the highest level of stability to the user and control during knee movement.
- The Hinged knee brace prevents and heals ACL/PCL injuries, patella instability, ligament sprains, etc.
- It has specially crafted antimicrobial and airflow vented tech to keep odor and bacteria away. Thus, it can be your companion through the toughest workouts and activities all day long.
- Thanks to the four-way stretch spandex mesh and pre-curved anatomical design, the brace will conform to your natural knee figure. The lycra mesh also enables you to freely flex your knees along with good ventilation.
2. Vive Knee Brace with open patella support
- Hinges are located on both sides of the knee for added support. Can be removed if less support is needed. Improves medial and lateral stability,...
- Compression material provides support to injured ligaments, tendons, joints, and muscles. ACL, MCL and patella support for strains, sprains,...
It features a wonderful all-around knee compression that is a perfect solution for sprains, patellar tracking, and instability. It comes with dual aluminum hinges that support the joints and tendons.
The Vive knee brace is made with breathable and lightweight material. This allows it to be worn even while you are active.
- The Vive knee brace features 2 aluminum hinges on either side of the brace. They provide extra support to the joints and help to keep the knees stable. The hinges can be easily removed when less support is required.
- The compression material of the knee brace aids in supporting the injured ligaments, joints, muscles, tendons, ACL, MCL. It also offers patella support for sprain, instability, and strains too.
- Made with high-quality neoprene material, this knee brace is here to offer maximum comfort to the user. Being lightweight and breathable, the material prevents irritation and uneasiness caused due to excess heat or moisture.
- Consisting of an open patella design, the brace allows your knee to breathe easily.
- The Vive hinged knee brace has very good durability. The brace is known to retain its perfect shape even after several uses and also after being washed. This makes it one of the best products in the market.
- The durable and strong Velcro feature lets you adjust the brace as required. The Velcro fasteners also make it very convenient to remove the knee brace quickly.
3. Mcdavid 422 knee support brace
This knee brace from Mcdavid is categorized as level 3 for providing maximum support to your knees. If you are suffering from any kind of injury and wish to recover soon, then this hinged knee brace is all that you need.
- No Gears; each sidearm is independently articulated with cushioned hyperextension stops
- McDavid's lightest hinge: Made with wider arms to aid in maintaining strength. Engineered straps assure personalized fit
The brace aims to immobilize the knee. This prevents the knee from unnecessary movements which can worsen your condition. It is crafted from high-quality material to provide you the highest level of comfort and support.
Let us what are its features, and how they benefit your knee.
- A very unique feature in this knee brace is the two side arms that are independently articulated. This helps to keep away accidental hyperextensions. Thus, your knees are protected from getting further damaged.
- The brace consists of cushioned support on each side. This gives you a non-restrictive fit and assists you in the day-to-day movements.
- There are wider hinges which not only add extra support but also provide stability to the knees. The lightweight feature of the paddles ensures that there is no extra pressure on the knees. Thus your existing knee strength is retained.
- With two adjustable hook and loop strappings, you can expect a great fit from the knee brace. It gives the desired freedom to adjust and re-adjust as much as needed. The adjustable feature is especially useful for applying pressure. The compression factor plays a vital role in containing the inflammation and preventing further swelling.
- By using the neoprene material in the hinged knee brace, Mcdavid has contributed to the added compression feature. With the help of this material, the braces can retain heat and dilate the blood vessels.
4. Mcdavid 429X knee brace
The Mcdavid hinged brace is a very effective knee brace that provides multiple benefits to the user. It helps to improve the stability of the knee, reduces the injury and also assists in faster recovery.
- This Knee Brace provides high level support to improve knee stability, help reduce knee injury and assist in recovery
- COMPRESSION Elastic crossing straps for enhanced rotational and collateral ligament support
The knee brace is designed to easily fit and keep you comfortable for a long time. It features polycentric hinges and cross strap which provide support to the knee. The knee brace is the best choice to recover from instability, proactive injury prevention, and post-surgical protection too.
It comes with a lot of useful features that prove beneficial in many ways. Let us take a look at the key features of the product.
- The brace comes with bilateral geared polycentric hinges which provide stability to the knees and enable free movement.
- The high-quality latex-free neoprene material is used in the knee brace that is particularly known for thermal and compression theory. This aids in a faster recovery of the injured knee.
- There are 4 elastic cross straps on the knee brace which provide added support to the knee. The cross strapping system is designed for providing ligament support and enhanced compression to the knee.
- For a comfortable fit and easy to take on and off, Mcdavid knee brace comes with hook and loop closure. This makes life easy breezy while you put on the brace and take it off.
- The knee brace comes with bound edges, which make sure that no irritation is caused due to the product. Hence, you can wear it for a longer time without damaging your skin.
- The open 360-degree padded buttress makes sure that your knee patella is isolated and gets the much-needed support for healing.
5. Vie Vibrante hinged knee brace
The Vie Vibrante knee brace is designed taking into consideration the needs of a large number of customers. This hinged knee support is specifically crafted for plus sizes. So if you fall into the plus-size category you need not worry about a perfectly fitting knee brace.
- [Size 2: for Thigh Circ: 22.5-27.5" ]THE PROBLEM WITH OTHER KNEE BRACES : 1. Doesn't fit large legs 2. Cut to the back of your knee 3. Non supportive...
- [FREE SHIPPING EVERY ORDER! ] ENHANCED ANTI-SLIDING STRIPS - One major flaw with other knee braces is constant sliding down no matter how tight you...
The Vie Vibrante knee brace is made with anti-sliding strips that hold it in place. It also consists of 2 metal stabilizers and 4 metal springs for extra support. The knee brace is designed to fit larger upper thigh and a slim lower calf.
- The hinged knee brace from Vie Vibrante features silicone gel patella shield that protects the kneecaps and cushions them too.
- The hinged knee brace helps to recover from ACL, MCL, and MCL. The aims to provide support and stability to the knee.
- It is available in many plus sizes like xL, xxl, xxxl, and xxxl.
- The brace is made out of excellent quality neoprene material. It not only keeps you comfortable but also provides a cooling effect on a hot summer day. The breathable and absorbent fabric absorbs all the sweat.
- The breathable apertures reduce swelling and improve blood circulation. Thus, maintaining the knees in an optimal condition.
- With this hinged knee brace, you can address several knee issues like injury, sprain, meniscus tear, unstable patella, torn ligament and so on.
- The hinged locking system consists of 4 D-rings and a wrap-around design. This Vie Vibrante knee brace provides superior flexibility and supports your knee better.
Factors to consider while buying a hinged knee brace
The market is filled with a wide array of choices for knee braces. And hence, it is important to be careful in choosing the right one for you. You must know how to choose the best suited according to your needs.
Below mentioned are a few factors to consider, which will assist you in narrowing down the choices.
The first and the foremost criteria to choose a hinged knee brace is to know what your need is. If you have a particular type of ailment or injury, then it is better to choose a knee brace that can solve your problem.
If you want knee braces for day-to-day activities and sports then you will need a different type of knee brace. So, before picking a product be sure about your needs. It will help you in choosing the appropriate product.
Pricing is another factor to be considered while buying a hinged knee brace. There are a wide variety of products available in all price ranges. Do not look at low priced products, as their quality may be severely sacrificed. Pick a knee brace that is adequately priced.
Always remember that quality products come at a slightly higher price. If you are serious about protecting your knee then it is better to spend a bit more.
There are two types of patella support in a knee brace. One is open patella support and the other is a closed one. A knee brace with an open patella allows the kneecap to be free without any pressure. On the other hand, a closed knee brace will put pressure on the patella.
Consider the flexibility factor in a hinged knee brace. Flexibility aids the movement. And hence, better flexibility will make movement easy. On the contrary, less flexible knee braces will make it difficult to make any movements.
Make sure to measure yourself appropriately. Most of the hinged knee braces come in a variety of sizes, and hence you can choose the one that fits you perfectly. From Xs to XXL, there are all sizes available. Be wise and choose the correct size. A wrong fit brace can do more harm than good.
A very important factor for choosing a knee brace is its durability. A good brace is one that can provide you continuous support over a long period. Choose the product that is durable and can work without changing or replacing the parts often.
Finding the right hinged knee brace for yourself can do wonders to your knee. It can relieve you from several knee issues and makes your movements better. But the most important thing is to find the right product.
In this write-up, we have tried to put forth some useful information that can assist you in getting yourself the best knee brace. Be wise and choose the right product.