There’s nothing like getting a professional, therapist-like massage at the comfort of your home after a long day at work. A good massage chair will give you that exact heavenly experience! Massage chairs are a luxurious equipment to own, which you can use whenever you want. With the help of technology, air bags, built-in heater and other functions, it will massage your entire body effectively. All you need to do is select an ideal program, sit back and relax.
These recliner chairs can mimic several humanized massage types, be it kneading, tapping, rolling, gripping, and so on. But with so many options crowding the market, it can be difficult to choose one. Which is why, we have curated a list of top 5 best massage chairs under $2000 in 2020:
OUR TOP PICKS
Our #1 Choice
Who should buy a Massage Chair?
Anyone who wants to reap the below given benefits from a massage chair, can buy it. Let’s take a look at the same:
- Multiple massage types: Most massage chairs today come with multiple massage techniques like kneading, tapping, rolling, vibration, or even combos. Find the one that suits your need.
- 24*7 massage: No matter what the time is, you can get a full body massage just like those given by a professional therapist. No need to book any appointments.
- Chronic back pain: Anyone who wants relief from chronic lower back pain can greatly benefit from massage chairs, as they have special features that target lower back. Seat vibration, built-in heater, air-cell inflation/deflation and point rollers are some of the functions that can alleviate lower back pain.
- Foot Massages: People who suffer from sore feet or aching soles can opt for a foot massage incorporated in massage chairs. Most of them have rollers or built-in heater at sole area to provide pain relief.
- Spinal relief: Some exclusive massage chairs target your spine and work to relax muscles around it. Such spinal decompression massage can greatly relieve back strain and boost nerve energy.
- Yoga stretching: Massage chairs are known to stretch your muscles, and some of them even have ‘Yoga stretching’ programs preset into them to aid thorough yoga sessions.
Features to consider before buying a Massage Chair:
- Zero gravity: It is a very popular feature in massage chairs, mostly found in L-track (Long Track) designs. Zero-gravity positions will lift your legs, give you a ‘floating-like’ experience and take pressure off your vertebrae. These positions intend to relax your body completely and increase massage intensity by putting your entire body weight on the rollers.
- Track design: L-track design of the massage chair is long and puts your body in an L-shape. This way, rollers can glide from your upper back all the way down to your buttocks.
S-track design is short and is only able to massage your lower back. Few brands have launched hybrid SL-track designs to combine the benefits of L-track and S-track systems.
- Airbags: Air compression via airbags will tightly grip your muscles and give a squeezing feeling just like how massage therapists would do. The air cells will deflate after some time to release pressure. And the process goes on. Airbags massage promotes relaxation and relieves tension. More number of airbags means better compression massage. But that also means more noise and high power consumption. So, select the one that strikes a good balance.
- Space-saving technology: This does not refer to having a small footprint. Rather, it is about how a chair reclines fully without needing to be pushed far away from the wall. Most of the chairs with space-saving design will require about 3 to 6 inches of space away from wall. Chairs that do not have this feature need to be positioned approximately 25 to 30 inches away from the wall.
- Body Scan technology: This technology will scan your body and find sore spots for special targeting.
- Massage rollers: High-end massage rollers simulate the movement of humanized hands. These will glide upwards, downwards, to the left and right of your back to give a deeper massage. Some low-end chairs come with fixed rollers that only press against your back. Users might find these type of chairs uncomfortable.
- Warranty: Warranty is a key factor to consider before buying a massage chair. Most manufacturers provide at least 3 years of warranty, whereas high-end models come with a standard 10 years warranty. Check assets that will be covered under the warranty before making a purchase.
- Remote Control: Easy-to use remote controls will intuitively respond to your commands and provide full user control over your massage. Some even come equipped with a touch screen and LED light for ease of use.
Top 5 Best Massage Chairs Of 2020
1. Real Relax Shiatsu Massage Chair
The Real Relax Shiatsu Massage Chair is one of the most affordable models out there, making it the topmost choice in our list.
It comes predetermined with 4 massage programs with different intensities and speed viz. Strong, relaxing, mild and sleep modes to suit your massaging needs. The armrest linkage system features embedded arms clip and is ergonomically designed to make your arms feel comfortable whilst reclining. Just with the press of a button, the ‘zero gravity’ feature gets activated, so you can relax mentally as well as physically.
As for the configuration, the massage chair comprises of 8 massage rollers underneath the backrest and 50 airbags located at calves, arms, hips, shoulders, feet and legs area to alleviate full body stress or pain. Foot rollers massage further relaxes your feet muscles and gives an immersive experience.
- 2020 Updating favor 03 plus: Add Bluetooth audio play and changing Led light, 6 auto modes, more...
- Full Body Masage:8 massage neck back rollers, 50 airbags placed to the shoulders, arms, hips,...
Seat vibration feature and inbuilt heaters at butt, foot and waist area relieves stress, improves blood circulation and metabolism.
To target specific body parts, you can use the remote manual programs and a 30-minutes timer provided. You get to choose from 3 different levels of roller and airbags massage intensities.
The chair ships in two boxes and you need to assemble it, but they provide instruction manual, screws and a screwdriver as well. So, it gets up and assembled within 15 minutes. You can also refer to installation video for detailed information.
When the massager is turned off, you can simply put the blanket over backrest and use the chair to rest, sleep or watch TV. The weight capacity of this recliner chair is up to 400 pounds.
- Remote control features advanced HD VFD screen that is easy to read. With remote manual programs, you can choose level for your airbags/roller massage, choose speed and mode for neck/waist roller massage and also set massage intensity and time.
- Reclines up and down with remote to adjust gravity positions.
- Heater function at waist and feet relaxes your lower back area. And, 8 fixed massage points inside backrest features adjustable speed for optimal massage.
- Offers roller and airbag massage to feet along with built-in feet heater. Plus, provides two shiatsu points for calves.
- Airbag massage to shoulders, hips and arms with seat vibration to give an experience as that of a hand massage. Hip massage is one of the best features of this chair.
2. Kahuna LM6800 Massage Chair
The Kahuna LM6800 Recliner Chair comes with an impressive set of features and improved space-saving design. Arm Airbag of LM6800 is ergonomically designed to provide comfort, whereas the chair itself comes with 6 auto programs and a 30-minutes timer.
A special yoga stretching program and SH-Chiro program are also included in these preset programs. Yoga stretching is for optimal full body stretching and improved blood circulation. Whereas, SH-Chiro program targets your spine and allows efficient flow of nerve energy across entire body.
L-track frame massage system has 4 rollers accompanied with air-cell massage technology. L-track system refers to the shape of roller trail, deliberately designed to support your neck, back and buttocks altogether.
- 11/22/19 New Amazon Exclusive Promotion- 2 Years additoinal warranty included - Total 3 Years Parts...
- Happy to Introduce LM-6800, one of the most popular real massage chair that can start your day fresh...
While in air-cell massage system, 36 air cells inflate separately, allowing for deep stretching and twisting of the body. This posture will decompress individual spine of your body and boost the effectiveness of the massage.
Best thing about LM6800 is its space-saving design with three stages of zero-gravity positions. It only requires about 3 inches of space from wall to transition to zero gravity positions.
- Computer body scan technology will automatically scan body size for customized massage session.
- 4 roller massage system along with air-cell massage technology covers the entire body. Air cell massage and roller speed is adjustable up to 3 levels.
- L-track frame, 6 auto programs and 5 manual massage techniques.
- Space-saving design with 3 zero gravity positions will intensify massage experience greatly.
- Heating therapy provided for lower back and legs. Dual foot rollers further relieve foot pain.
3. Ideal massage Shiatsu Chair
The Ideal massage Shiatsu Chair is another premium quality chair featuring a wide range of features at a reasonable price.
It has got customizable massage programs that can be set up from 5 to 30 minutes, 14 combinations of massage types, 3 zero gravity positions and a body scanning feature. The chair is pre-programmed with 4 electric massage functions viz. Knead, Vibrate, Spinal Roll and Shiatsu. Additionally, the built-in heat massage at the backrest will alleviate your sore and tired muscles.
The ‘3D Intelligent Detect technology’ will identify your physical points and provide a custom massage session for an immersive experience.
- Ideal S L-track zero gravity massage chair has one of the longest tracks in the industry. This full...
- Smart 3D massage chair with Auto height detection. Lay back and let the smart 3D scan customize each...
You can choose from 4 pre-programmed functions, or even combine these functions and create your own program manually. Automatic mode will combine different massage types and give you a multi-functional massage session. Airbags, intensity and speed of the massage types can be manually adjusted.
Amazing thing is that this Ideal Massage Shiatsu Chair has humanized, muted massage hands driven by 4 wheels along with ergonomically designed S-track rollers that move vertically. Therapeutic airbags are located in the arms, shoulders, seat, calves and feet areas. These air cells will inflate and deflate to give a comfortable twisting experience. Whereas, the 6 simulating kneading balls at the sole will provide a deep and strong feet massage.
- Airbags massage has 2 intensities to choose from.
- Transition to 3 zero gravity positions with just a press of button for optimal massage and true floating experience.
- Has 4 massage options: Rolling, Kneading, Shiatsu and Vibration.
- Head to Toe massage can last from 5 to 30 minutes. The humanized hands feature 3D detect technology to give you a deep massage and have quiet operation.
- Built-in heat therapy at the back will relax your muscles, whereas 6 simulating kneading balls at the sole area will give a strong massage.
4. RELAXONCHAIR MK-II
The RELAXONCHAIR MK-II Plus offers good value for money, as it's loaded with thoughtful features.
Apart from the amazing zero gravity mode, the chair features good airbags and rollers to massage your back, arm and leg muscles and warm them up real nice.
The upgraded model is redesigned and now comprises of a remote controller, firm massage rollers, 4 automatic massage programs and reduced airbag pressure at calves and arms. For targeted massage, you can manually set up specific programs from kneading, tapping or combination of both. The chair features 3 massage speed control and 3 levels of intensities for airbags.
- REDESIGNED & UPGRADED W/ ONE HAND OPERATION REMOTE CONTROLLER, GENTLE YET FIRM MASSAGE ROLLERS,...
- THREE STAGE ULTRA AUTOMATIC ZERO GRAVITY MULTI-FUNCTION MASSAGE CHAIR: Zero gravity chairs elevate...
Zero gravity massage chair will elevate your legs and position them at the same level as your heart. Such position will relieve pressure off your vertebrae often caused due to gravity and also relieve back pain. Your heart will relax more in zero gravity positions, thereby enhancing the effect of massage.
Talking about the quality, this RELAXONCHAIR MK-II plus is crafted from premium quality soft grained synthetic leather that is lightweight, easily portable and equally comfortable.
L-track massage system at the buttock will allow the rollers to glide from the upper back down to the butt area, providing full body massage. For a customized massage, the MK-II Plus has computerized body scanning feature with built-in sensor. It will automatically identify problem points by measuring the length of your spine.
Exclusively designed airbags will inflate and deflate individually at lower back, hips, thighs and shoulders to twist and stretch your body.
- 2 heating pads located at lower back area to relieve pain and relax the muscles.
- Full body stretching and deep tissue massage programs are designed to give human-like massage and stretch legs/back effectively.
- Multiple air cells at legs, back, hip and waist line will provide a deep compression massage.
- Buttock L-track massage system is designed to target your spine, as rollers will glide from upper back all the way down to the gluteal area for a full body massage.
- 5 manual massage settings viz. Kneading, Shiatsu, Rolling, Tapping and Kneading + Tapping combo.
5. BestMassage Electric Shiatsu Recliner
Last but not the least, BestMassage Electric Shiatsu Recliner is another feature-packed recliner offered at the lowest price in our list.
It is an ideal choice for users who do not want to spend a fortune, yet need a decent and well-made massage chair.
At an affordable price, it offers zero-gravity function and total 35 airbags located strategically at different areas to intensify massage. These air cells inflate and deflate at hips, thighs, shoulders, arms, calves and feet and have multiple levels of intensity to choose from.
- ★【Zero Gravity Massage Chair】:Press the zero-gravity button,Zero gravity massage chairs...
- ★【FUNCTIONAL DIVERSITY】: 3 preset auto massage programs have different massage methods to give...
The unique space-saving design of this Shiatsu chair only requires about 10 inches of gap from the wall to transition into zero gravity position. Thus, making it an ideal choice for confined spaces.
For heating therapy, there are 2 heating pads situated at the backrest to relieve muscle and joint pain and enhance massage experience. Not just that, the heating therapy will also improve blood circulation.
The chair is sturdily built to accommodate a user that is about 6’1” tall and weighs up to 350 lbs. It also encompasses an easy-to-use remote control.
There are 3 preset auto massage programs; you can also choose airbag pressure and power speed to get full control over your massage.
- Zero gravity feature elevates your feet to the same level as your heart to minimize strain off your vertebrae.
- 14 massage points give complete relaxing massage.
- 3 preset automatic massage programs to choose from and 35 airbags for a twisting and stretching massage.
- Special Stretching programs and heat therapy system improves blood circulation and aids faster recovery.
Massage chairs are a great means to relieve your sore and aching muscles whilst being in the comfort of your home. Best massage chairs under $2000 are those that are well-made, have ergonomic design and provide a custom fit. For better full body massage experience, go for a chair that has gliding rollers instead of fixed ones. Their interior is made from premium steel rollers, they’re not cheap and worth investing money in.
Here’s a thought, don’t buy a model that looks great outside, rather choose the one that has impressive set of features to fulfill your massaging needs.
Hope this detailed massage chair reviews helps you find your best option.