Hiking is great activity people do when they are free and mostly for fun. It is also recommended by health specialists to those who are struggling to lose weight or those who are searching for a perfect way to control various health conditions like heart problems as well as blood pressure. However, there is nothing more frustrating than experiencing some pain or discomfort on your knees when hiking. This will make you very uncomfortable and you may not be able to continue with the activity.
The good thing is, you can easily prevent by purchasing a quality knee brace for hiking. Even if you have an injured knee, you will still be able to participate in this activity comfortably because these braces are highly effective in relieving pain.
A knee brace is kind of a strap that is wrapped on the knee to prevent pain. It also prevents further injuries in case you are already injured. Most of them come with adjustable straps which allows them to fit perfectly on the knee. In this article, we shall reveal the best knee brace for hiking.
OUR TOP PICKS
Our #1 Choice
Factors To Consider When Buying Best Knee Brace For Hiking
- Quality - Before buying, you need to confirm that the brace is made of top quality materials like neoprene and nylon. The material should be non-slip, breathable and durable. Again, it should be able to withstand tough conditions.
- Adjustability – When hiking, you will come across different terrains. This means that you need a brace with adjustable straps. Such braces will allow you to tighten or loosen the brace as per your requirements.
- Size- A brace that is too loose or too tight may not be of any help. Since knee braces are available in different sizes, you need to ensure that the one you have picked will fit you perfectly. You are likely to experience some discomfort if it doesn’t fit you correctly.
- Comfort - Apart from providing support to your knees, the brace you have selected should be very comfortable. It should be made of a water-resistant or sweat absorbing material. A good one should keep your knees free from moisture.
- Style – Knee braces are available in different styles. However, the most common ones are slip-in knee braces and wrap around knee braces. Slip-on knee braces are the best for hiking since they provide better support as compared to others. Again, they provide better grip required when hiking. On the other hand, wrap around knee braces are easy to adjust. Irrespective of your choice, ensure that the brace you have picked will provide the best protection and support.
Why should you use a knee brace when hiking?
A knee brace is among the health products and its main purpose is to support the knee joint when doing various activities. Below are the major reasons why you should use a knee brace when hiking.
- Injuries - If you had an injury that left your knees weaker such that you experience some pain when walking, a knee brace will be the best solution.
- Medical condition - For those who suffer from different medical conditions that affects the knees, a knee brace helps to relieve pain.
- Surgery - If you had a surgery, it is good to ensure that you need are well protected to prevent further injuries. For this reason, you will need a knee brace. It also enhances the recovery process.
- Swelling – If you have a minor problem on your knees that cause swelling or pain a knee brace will be the best to control the condition.
- Pain - When you are engaging in vigorous activities like playing various sports like tennis, basketball, baseball, football and other sports, you may experience some pain on your knees. However, wearing a knee brace will prevent pain.
Benefits of using a knee brace
TOP 5 Knee Braces for Hiking
1. Exodus Knee Brace
Exodus Knee Brace is unquestionably the best knee brace for hiking. The most notable thing about it is that it has a nice design which features a 4 strap system, side stabilizers and an inbuilt comfort gap.
If you are involved in different activities that require extra stabilization like hiking, tennis and basketball, this brace will give you the best performance due to the side stabilizers.
The other thing we loved about it is the large leg straps and cross over straps which means that you do not need to keep adjusting it.
Whether you are a man or woman, this brace will be perfect for you.
- ✅ The unique 4-way compression system 'hugs' your knee from every angle giving lateral and medial...
- ✅ CONFIDENCE & IMPROVED MOBILITY - The special design keeps the knee brace in place meaning less...
There is a gap at the back of the knee which has a breathable part. This part doesn’t have a lot of materials which reduces chances of irritation and sweating.
The feature also allows you to bend as low as you can since it provides excellent support. It is specially designed to provide all day comfort.
Don’t forget that it also features a skin friendly lining, LCL/MCL ligament support and strong Velcro attachments.
Since it has a slim profile, you can easily wear it under the clothes without any problem.
2. TechWare Pro Knee Brace
TechWare Pro Knee Brace is among the top rated knee braces that come with unmatched quality. Unlike others, it has an open patella design which provides support around the tendon areas and knee cap. This allows the knees to heal quickly from injuries. It also comes with four spring stabilizers which are very flexible.
Apart from providing better protection to your knees, these stabilizers also allow your knees to be very stable when doing various activities. Additionally, they are made of a breathable and lightweight neoprene material to keep you comfortable all day.
Note that they are available in 4 sizes which includes large, medium, X large and XX large.
- ADJUSTABLE UNIQUE BiDIRECTIONAL SUPPORT Alternating Strong Closures Stabilize Patella to Reduce Knee...
- OPEN PATELLA DESIGN For Support and Compression Around the Kneecap and Tendon Areas to Heal Knee...
Another thing you will love about this brace is that it provides a comfortable and firm support to relieve pain from the knees. As a result, it is suitable for those suffering from tendons, arthritis, bursitis, and tears.
Gel pads also helps to relieve swelling and inflammation. Whether you are searching for a knee brace for hiking, jogging, running, wrestling, baseball, martial arts, weightlifting, cycling, gym workouts or any other activity, this one is the best.
3. SS SLEEVE STARS Knee Support Brace
Have you been struggling with persistent pain from past injuries on your knees and you have been looking for the best solution and enhance your hiking passion? SS Sleeve Stars Knee Support Brace is very effective when it comes to relieving knee pains. It uses an open patella which means that it is very reliable in preventing swelling and muscle soreness.
- ✅ READ BEFORE BUYING❗- The most important part of our business is happy & satisfied customers,...
- ✅ GET BACK IN THE GAME: Our newest design is specially developed to give you more support and help...
When we were doing our research to find out the best knee brace for hiking, we have noticed that it is made of top quality neoprene material and as a result, you can use it for heavy-duty tasks.
The materials are breathable that can keep you comfortable all day. We also found out that it uses dual stabilizers which provides maximum protection. The good thing is that the materials are very comfortable and flexible which means that it doesn’t limit movement when you are wearing it.
Men, women or kids with knee pain, arthritis or knee injuries can use this knee brace. Another thing you need to know is that it is purely designed to suit your needs. As a result, it is very easy to use.
The 2 adjustable straps allows it for fit perfectly on the knee.
4. UFlex Athletics Knee Compression
UFlex Athletics Knee Compression is another reliable option especially to those who are on a budget. Despite its low price, it is packed with useful features which ensures that you are well protected.
The first thing you should note is that it has an anti-slip silicone material which provides maximum stability when weightlifting, during gym time, yoga or when doing any other fitness activity and especially during hiking. If you have tendonitis or arthritis, it is very effective in relieving pain.
You can use if for any sport activity that requires a lot of stress like running, football, hiking, golf, basketball, football and running.
- BENEFITS: Reduces inflammation/swelling, soreness, stiffness, has heating effect for muscular...
- SPORTS: Suitable for all sports activities that involve a great amount of stress on the joints like:...
Additionally, it has a heating effect which makes it great for muscular recovery.
It is highly recommended for swelling, inflammation, stiffness and soreness.
In terms of design, you should note that used 3D knitting technology which means that it has an elastic knee compression support sleeve which looks stylish. Tt also has a 4 stretch capability which provides superior protection.
5. Mava Sports Knee Compression
Mava Sports Knee Compression is made of comfortable materials which makes it suitable for all day use. It provides the required support without experiencing stiffness on the knees. It doesn’t cause irritation on your skin. Since it has soft and light materials, it is also very easy to wear.
We also found out that it features an anti-slip silicone material and an elastic support fabric which provides stable compression. This means that it won’t roll off or slip when wearing it.
Another impressive feature is that it has a nice shape to boost recovery and prevent injuries.
- PAIN RELIEF from arthritis, joint pain relief, tendonitis, post-surgery, swelling as well as strains...
- ANATOMICALLY SHAPED to prevent injuries and accelerate your recovery. Its heating effect improves...
The most surprising thing about it is that it contains heating effects which promotes muscle recovery and circulation. As a result, it is a good choice if you are recovering from injuries.
For those with arthritis, tendonitis, sprains, strains, knee joint pains, swelling or those recovering after a surgery, this brace is a good choice.
Apart from hiking it is also recommended for walking, tennis, cycling, running, basketball, cross training, gym, jogging workouts and other exercises.
Searching for the best knee brace for hiking can be a difficult process but it is a worth exercise if you are able to identify a best quality product. The problem is that most of the knee braces on the market today are made of low quality materials which means that they are not effective and complete waste of money. However, you can never go wrong with any of those we have reviewed. We have spent a lot of time when compiling this list to ensure that we have picked only the best.
The good thing about all the products we have reviewed above is that they are very effective since they come with all the important features like adjustable straps, breathable material which makes them comfortable to use. Apart from that, they have the highest rating on various online stores like Amazon.
This means that you are sure that any product you pick will give you the best value for your money. Their price is also decent irrespective of your budget. If you love hiking, a knee brace is one of the most important accessories you should never miss. Pick any of the above products now.